A. The private entity shall have all power allowed by law generally to a private entity having the same form of organization as the private entity and shall have the power to develop or operate the qualifying project and collect lease payments, impose user fees or enter into service contracts in connection with the use thereof.
B. The private entity may own, lease or acquire any other right to use or operate the qualifying project.
C. Any financing of the qualifying project may be in such amounts and upon such terms and conditions as may be determined by the private entity. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the private entity may issue debt, equity or other securities or obligations, enter into sale and leaseback transactions and secure any financing with a pledge of, security interest in, or lien on, any or all of its property, including all of its property interests in the qualifying project.
D. In operating the qualifying project, the private entity may:
1. Make classifications according to reasonable categories for assessment of user fees; and
2. With the consent of the responsible public entity, make and enforce reasonable rules to the same extent that the responsible public entity may make and enforce rules with respect to similar facilities.
E. The private entity shall:
1. Develop or operate the qualifying project in a manner that is acceptable to the responsible public entity, all in accordance with the provisions of the interim or comprehensive agreement pursuant to § 56-575.9 or 56-575.9:1;
2. Keep the qualifying project open for use by the members of the public at all times, or as appropriate based upon the use of the facility, after its initial opening upon payment of the applicable user fees, lease payments, or service payments; provided that the qualifying project may be temporarily closed because of emergencies or, with the consent of the responsible public entity, to protect the safety of the public or for reasonable construction or maintenance activities. In the event that a qualifying project is technology infrastructure, access may be limited as determined by the conditions of the interim or comprehensive agreement;
3. Maintain, or provide by contract for the maintenance or upgrade of the qualifying project, if required by the interim or comprehensive agreement;
4. Cooperate with the responsible public entity in making best efforts to establish any interconnection with the qualifying project requested by the responsible public entity; and
5. Comply with the provisions of the interim or comprehensive agreement and any lease or service contract.
F. Nothing shall prohibit an private entity of a qualifying project from providing additional services for the qualifying project to public or private entities other than the responsible public entity so long as the provision of additional service does not impair the private entity's ability to meet its commitments to the responsible public entity pursuant to the interim or comprehensive agreement as provided for in § 56-575.9 or 56-575.9:1.