Maryland Criminal Defense and Personal Injury Attorney
Attorney Randolph Rice is the founder and owner of the Law Offices of Randolph Rice. A Baltimore, Maryland, based criminal defense, DUI, DWI, drunk driving defense, traffic tickets, personal injury, car accident, truck accident, and medical malpractice law firm. If you have an important legal matter, you need the best lawyer. CitySpur ranked us as one of Baltimore’s Best Lawyers, let his experience go to work for you in the Courtroom.
As Mr. Rice was entering his third year of law school at Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, hurricane Katrina was bearing down on the gulf coast. Once the storm had passed, residents were unable to return and the Law School decided to cancel the fall semester of the year. Needing to complete his studies, Mr. Rice, along with all other students in New Orleans, were forced to find another Law School to complete their studies. With ties to Maryland, Mr. Rice contacted The University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law. They immediately welcomed him with open arms and he was able to continue his studies.
During his third year of Law School at the University of Maryland, Mr. Rice was offered an internship with the Baltimore County State’s Attorney’s Office. He was placed in the gang unit within the State’s Attorney’s Office and was immediately exposed to the intricacies of criminal prosecution. Upon completion of his third year at the University of Maryland School of Law, he returned to New Orleans to receive his Juris Doctor from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law. He immediately returned to Maryland to prepare for the bar exam.
Soon after the passage of the bar exam, Mr. Rice was offered a position with the Baltimore County State’s Attorney’s office as an Assistant State’s Attorney. He spent three years with the Baltimore County State’s Attorney’s Office, handling cases in both the District and Circuit Courts for Baltimore County. During his tenure with the State’s Attorney’s Office he tried thousands of cases in front of both juries and Judges gaining invaluable trial experience and knowledge of the law.
In 2009, Mr. Rice decided to enter private practice, concentrating on representing clients in criminal defense, driving under the influence (DUI), driving while impaired (DWI), traffic tickets, administrative law, personal injury, car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, wills and estate administration.
Mr. Rice has developed a private practice that focuses on providing the best legal advice and counseling to his clients. He understands that individuals dealing with the legal system can become confused with the law. He also understands that clients are unsure about the future for their case and that is why they have retained him for their matter.
Mr. Rice ensures each client understands each step of the legal process, place his clients in the best possible position for a positive outcome, and ensure that they have all the facts before they make their important decisions. He is keenly aware that each case can have a lifelong affect on his clients’ lives, and he ensures that each decision is thoroughly thought through and decisions are made looking to the future and the beneficial and adverse affect it may have on their life.
His days are spent in Court before Judges and juries throughout the State of Maryland and the United States District Court for Maryland. His cases range from misdemeanors in the District Courts of Maryland to complex felonies in the Circuit Courts of Maryland.
Having handled so many driving while impaired (DWI) and driving under the influence (DUI) cases, he possesses an extensive knowledge to assist his clients in defending and mitigating the effects of a DUI or DWI arrest. Part of a successful DUI/DWI defense is understanding the administrative penalties and working ensuring that his client’s privilege to drive is not affected.
Since he has honed his trial skills and knowledge of injury law he handles hundreds of personal injury cases, including car accidents, truck accidents, bus accident, medical malpractice and pedestrian accidents.
Traffic violations go hand in hand with criminal defense and DUI, DWI defense and everyday he is retained to represent motorists in Maryland that have received tickets, from minor speeding violations to driving while their license is suspended, revoked of cancelled.
Mr. Rice also offers the residents of Maryland assistance in estate planning with the drafting ofLast Wills and Testaments, Advanced Healthcare Directives, as well as handling estate administration.
JURISDICTIONS ADMITTED TO PRACTICE LAW:
- State of Maryland, 2006
- Maryland District Courts
- Maryland Circuit Court
- University of Maryland School of Law (Third Year of Law School)
- J.D, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law - 2006
- B.A, University of Virginia - 2001
- Law Offices of Randolph Rice (Founder) 2009 - Present
- Baltimore County State's Attorney's Office (Assistant State's Attorney) 2006 - 2009
- U.S District Court, Louisiana (Law Clerk) 2007 - 2007
- American Bar Association (Member) 2003 - Present
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorney’s Association (Member) 2009 - Present
- Maryland State Bar Association (Member) 2006 - Present
- Bar Association for Baltimore County (Member) 2006 - Present
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Rising Star in Maryland Criminal Defense / DUI /DWI (Super Lawyers) 2013 - 2016
- Baltimore’s Top Ten Best Lawyers (CitySpur) 2009
- Baltimore’s Best Lawyer (CitySpur) 2010
- Baltimore’s Best Criminal Defense Lawyer (Baltimore CitySpur’s) 2011
- Baltimore’s Best DUI / DWI Defense Attorney (The CitySpur’s) 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Baltimore’s Best Lawyer (2012 CitySpur’s) 2012
- Best Baltimore DUI – DWI Defense Attorney (DUI CitySpur’s)
- Best Baltimore Criminal Defense Law Firm (2009 CitySpur’s) 2009 - Present
- Lead Counsel Rated
- Law Offices of Randolph Rice (Baltimore Personal Injury Attorney) 2017
- East County Times (What is PIP Coverage if You Are involved in An Auto Accident in Maryland) 2012
- East County Times (What are Wrongful Death and Survival Actions in Maryland?) 2011
- East County Times (Expunging A Criminal Record in Maryland) 2011
- East County Times (How A DUI or DWI Arrest Can Affect Your Future in Maryland) 2011
- East County Times (How to Wear, Carry, Transport a Handgun Legally In Maryland) 2011
- East County Times (Maryland Law Change for Motorists Receiving Traffic Citations) 2011
- East County Times (What are Your Rights in Regards to the St. Joseph Stent Lawsuit) 2010
(Baltimore, Maryland Office)
Law Offices of Randolph Rice
6914 Holabird Ave Suite A
Baltimore, MD 21222
Toll Free: 800-470-7423